The Newingham Lab is within the USDA-Agricultural Research Service and partners with the University of Nevada, Reno.
- Understanding community and ecosystem ecology in dryland ecosystems.
- Linking soil, microbial, plant, and animal processes to understand ecosystem function.
- Examining ecosystem responses to fire, invasive species, global change, and land management practices.
- Bettering our approaches to land management.
- Facilitating interactions among scientists, land managers, and fire managers.